Happy National Avocado Day!
Finding more ways to use an avocado, get that healthy fat with a delicious flavor, isn't always as easy as we want it to be.
Or is it?
Today, I whipped up (with a fork) this quick avomash to satiate my tummy until lunch time (it's second breakfast, let's be real).
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4-1/2t Unrefined Coconut Oil
- Dash of Ground Black Pepper
- Dash of Paprika
- Dash of Onion Powder
- Dash of Ground Peppercorn
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- Scoop your avocado and coconut oil into a bowl. If it's not ripe enough, microwave for up to 30 seconds on high. Also a great way to warm it up if you store them in the fridge like I do.
- If you're making toast, get going on that!
- Moosh with a fork until you have a mash-like consistency, to your preference.
- Add your dashes of this and that, always to taste. Heavier handed dashes are going to accentuate that spice.
- Plop onto your: tacos, toast, sweet potato, or your mixing fork.
I tamed down my heavy handed dash of paprika with 1/4t 'mayo' since I like the taste of it. This is the kind I buy, it's amazing.